- You need a Lingo Jingo account to access Lingo Jingo services, including most lessons. Lingo Jingo does make some lessons available to guests without having to create an account.
- Lingo Jingo asks for some personal information when you create a Lingo Jingo Account, including your alternate contact information email and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Lingo Jingo stores, processes and maintains your course information, vocabulary, and other data related to your account in order to provide services to you.
- When you use Lingo Jingo, our servers automatically record certain information about your use of services. Similar to other web services, Lingo Jingo records information such as account activity (including storage usage, number of log-ins), data displayed or clicked on (including UI elements, ads, links); and other log information (including browser type, IP-address, date and time of access, cookie ID, and referrer URL).
Lingo Jingo and Facebook
- Lingo Jingo maintains and processes your Lingo Jingo account and its contents to provide the Lingo Jingo service to you and to improve our services.
- Lingo Jingo's computers process the information in your activities for various purposes, including formatting and displaying the information to you, as well as delivering related content.
- Lingo Jingo may send you information related to your Lingo Jingo account or other Lingo Jingo services.
Information Sharing and Onward Transfer
- When you send email, Lingo Jingo includes information such as your email address and the email itself as part of that email.
- You may change your Lingo Jingo account settings through the Lingo Jingo "account" section.
- You may delete your information through your Lingo Jingo account or terminate your account through the Lingo Jingo "account section" of Lingo Jingo. Such deletions or terminations will take immediate effect in your account view. Residual copies of your data may take up to 60 days to be deleted from our active servers and may remain in our offline backup systems.
Lingo Jingo adheres to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework or our registration, see the Department of Commerce's web site.